Dr (Pundit) Roshan Singh (Jyotish Astrologer / Ayurvedic Medical Practitioner)
Pitra Dosh is actually a karmic debt of the ancestors. This is not to be taken lightly as from our personal experiences in dealing with astrology for well over 48 years this fate has befallen many people who had to go through great suffering until it was discovered and remedied. Proof of this is further evident in the Vedas which is the spoken word of God.
नवम पर जब सूर्य और राहू की युति हो रही हो तो यह माना जाता है कि पितृ दोष योग बन रहा है। शास्त्र के अनुसार सूर्य तथा राहू जिस भी भाव में बैठते है, उस भाव के सभी फल नष्ट हो जाते है। व्यक्ति की कुण्डली में एक ऎसा दोष है जो इन सब दु:खों को एक साथ देने की क्षमता रखता है, इस दोष को पितृ दोष के नाम से जाना जाता है।
कुन्डली का नवां घर धर्म का घर कहा जाता है, यह पिता का घर भी होता है, अगर किसी प्रकार से नवां घर खराब ग्रहों से ग्रसित होता है तो सूचित करता है कि पूर्वजों की इच्छायें अधूरी रह गयीं थी, जो प्राकृतिक रूप से खराब ग्रह होते है वे सूर्य मंगल शनि कहे जाते है और कुछ लगनों में अपना काम करते हैं, लेकिन राहु और केतु सभी लगनों में अपना दुष्प्रभाव देते हैं, नवां भाव, नवें भाव का मालिक ग्रह, नवां भाव चन्द्र राशि से और चन्द्र राशि से नवें भाव का मालिक अगर राहु या केतु से ग्रसित है तो यह पितृ दोष कहा जाता है। इस प्रकार का जातक हमेशा किसी न किसी प्रकार की टेंसन में रहता है, उसकी शिक्षा पूरी नही हो पाती है, वह जीविका के लिये तरसता रहता है, वह किसी न किसी प्रकार से दिमागी या शारीरिक रूप से अपंग होता है।
अगर किसी भी तरह से नवां भाव या नवें भाव का मालिक राहु या केतु से ग्रसित है तो यह सौ प्रतिशत पितृदोष के कारणों में आजाता है।
It is reflected in the Kundli in a form of malefic planetary combinations and is to be paid by the person having Pitra dosha in his Kundli. To put it simply, Pitra dosh is formed in a person’s horoscope, when his/her ancestors have committed some sin or mistake. So, in exchange for that, the individual is held accountable to pay for the wrongdoings of their forefather’s past deeds by going through various punishments. Presence of Pitra Dosha in one’s horoscope may bring about some inevitable and unexpected hardships in the life of the individual. It causes severe ups and downs in one’s lifespan. One tends to suffer from a lack of mental decisiveness and money.
Pitra Dosh or Pitru Dosh, according to Vedic astrology, is a birth defect or a defect which occurs later in one’s life and is demoralizing for some people. In most number of cases where Pitra Dosh occurs are caused by movement of the planets and for the reasons mentioned below:
1 Bad deeds of our ancestors/children in earlier life, knowingly or unknowingly.
2 Lack of full filament of parental desires of our ancestors
3 Sudden and unnatural death of any relative ancestors in early age, Pitra Dosha occurs if any ancestors up to the 7th generation on the father’s side and up to the 4th generation on the mother’s side have died at an early age or have had an unnatural death.
It is said that in the month of Pitrupaksh, the lord of death grants freedom to all the souls to visit their own people & accept the offerings of their children’s, therefore so many people offer sharadh to their ancestors during this sacred and holy time when the planets are favourably aligned to make this possible.
Effects of Pitra Dosh are listed below:
1. There will be no male child born in the family to carry on the generation or no child in the family.
2. Frequent abortions may take place.
3. There can be children in the family who do not want to get married or in spite of many efforts no suitable match could be found for the marriage.
4. Lack of interest in Business/education/profession for family members even though they are qualified to do so.
5. Children in these families may be born with physical or mental limitations or even the ones who are born normal
6 Health and hygiene-related issues at home and for family members.
7. Scarcity always revolves around these families and they hardly find any luck or prosperity in whatever they try to do.
8. The person dealing with Pitra dosh has to face several problems related to progeny. Besides, their children are likely to get affected by physical or mental illness.
9. People suffering from this Dosh tend to face servere problems regarding their marriage. Regardless of all their efforts, they are unable to get married at the right time because of Pitra Dosh.
10. Oftentimes the household is surrounded by diseases, due to which the family face plenty of physical, emotional and financial problems.
11. Pitra Dosh creates an unfavourable environment in the household. The husband and wife may have disagreements and issues on insignificant matters.
12. Persons often remain regularly under debt and despite all their efforts, they are unable to settle the debt. Due to the ill effects of Pitra Dosh itself, the family of the affected person lags in financial growth. And are always surrounded by poverty and inadequacy.
Planetary positions responsible for Pithru Dosha
In ones chart reflects Pitra Dosha by certain planetary positions forming different types of Pitra Dosh or Pithru Dosha.
Planets/Houses that signifies Pitra Dosh :
SUN- represents father/fatherly figures and ancestors
MOON- represents Mother and Mind
SATURN- represents debts, sin and difficulties in life 9th HOUSE- represents past life, forefathers and 2nd HOUSE- represents family, heritage and bloodline Planetary combinations responsible for Pitra dosh
A Kundli is considered to be affected by Pitra dosh if, in the horoscope, the 9th house or its lord is either in conjunction with or is aspected by Rahu or Ketu.
If Sun and/or Jupiter is in the Kundli in conjugation or expectation of Rahu or Ketu, it gives the effect of Pitra dosh to some extent. and Rahu or Sun and Saturn in the first, second, fourth, seventh, ninth and tenth house of the birth chart. Rahu is in the ascendant and the lord of the ascendant in sixth, eighth or twelfth house, in that case also Pitra Dosha forms in the horoscope. With the effect of the lord of the sixth, eighth or twelfth house aspecting or conjuncting the planets forming that forms Pitra dosha, the native might have to suffer from severe accidents, injuries, eyesight problems and basically complications in life.